Saturday, October 11, 2014

9 tips for a better travel

Lately, travelling excites me. Well, whom does it not? Ever since, I was a kid, I have always loved visiting new places, learning new cultures and meeting new people. Travelling is all about making memories all over the world. As Anita Desai says, "Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow". If you have planned a travel once in your life, there is a taste that you get addicted to. It's a healthy drug that gushes into your senses and cannot leave till you have visited every corner of the world. 

I do not believe in paying extra money for a tour package where some agency tells me about how I should travel and the places I should visit. For me, travel begins right from the day I start thinking about it to the booking of the places to stay as well preparing my own itinerary. My 10 days honeymoon trip to Italy was an excellent experience of how I managed and planned my travel. 

I have been waiting to share my plan from a long time. So here I am giving you few tips for a better travel.

1. Plan ahead: Planning your travel 4 to 5 months earlier not only saves you a  huge    
    amount of money but gives you ample amount of time to relax and plan for an amazing travel. You     can get fabulous offers on your flight tickets and offers from websites like Booking and Hotels for     your stay. 

2. Make a list of places: Websites like Tripadvisor and Cox and Kings 
    provide you with readymade travel itineraries. You can pick up any of them and start making a list     of all the places you wish to see. 

3. Do not crumple: While making a list of the places to visit in a particular city     
   that you are travelling to, do not crumple your travel. You do not have to visit every place that    
   Tom, Dick or Harry visited. Pick up the places that interest you. Have a look at the pictures of such 
   places on  Google and then make a choice. It’s always good to spend your money and time in    
   places that I interest you than wasting your time in visiting a place that makes you feel sad. 

4. Get to know your choices:If you are interested in art then make a list of the museums that you cannot miss in a particular place that you are visiting. Keep a checklist of all the historic places of interest. If you are a person who loves adventure, then add that to your checklist. You choice  
 is something that is very important. 

5. Dial a friend: It’s always good to call up a friend who has visited that place earlier. He/she can give you some insights that you can never find even on the internet. 

6. Know the culture: There is a famous saying which goes like this, “When in Rome do as Romans do”. It’s always good to have a brief overview about the culture and some ideas about the place you are visiting. You never know when it could come handy. 

7. Know what you pay: There are websites that provide you the cost of common items like Milk, water, bread, alcohol or a sumptuous meal. It’s always good to have a look at it rather than be cheated. 

8. Manage your time: While preparing your itinerary always keep track of the amount of time you are going to spend at every place. Make a timetable and try your best to follow it.

9. Last but not the least: The last Item in the checklist is to keep your money at different places. For example, separate your money and keep some in your wallet, some in your bag and some in a secret pocket in your dress. This comes handy especially when you are in an international travel where access to that currency is difficult. 

The 9 tips mentioned above are tested and verified. You can blindly follow them and I bet you will have the travel of your lifetime. 

Let me know If I could add anything more to this list and also your feedback!





Post a Comment