Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Downtown Flea - Come untangle yourself !!

The month of December is known to gather tourists from around the world to the blissful state of Goa. It attracted me too and I planned to travel to Goa early in the month of December, 2014. I was advised not to leave Goa without visiting the "Flea Market" in Arpora. They even said that let yourself loose to enjoy the spirit of Goa. Following the tradition suggested by my friends and also some online well-wishers who had left positive reviews about the "Flea Market", I paid a visit to this market and it was one of the best decisions that I had taken during my entire travel.  There was music, dance, food, apparel, accessories, live band and a lot more to name all at a single place. How I wished to experience something similar in Pune or Mumbai where I could visit on and often and I didn't have to perpetually plan for a travel?

Much to my surprise, within a few days I saw a fan page in Facebook about a Flea Market happening in Pune. 



Yes, if you live in Pune or somewhere close to it then do not lose a chance to experience this one of a kind Market.

The "Down Town Flea" is being held at "The Irish Village" (Nr Hard Rock Cafe & Raga Lawns) - Koregaon Park on the 17th and 18th of January, 2015. Just two days to go !!!



Ever visited a place where there is art coupled with culture, music coupled with eccentricity, good food coupled with a cup of coffee? If not then this is one place that you just cannot miss. 

This bizarre bazaar has a lot to offer with varieties which I am afraid you will lose count of. Imagine yourself, sipping a cup of coffee, tasting some yummy waffles and a live band performs right in front of you. That would be a treat to all your senses, won't it? You can find "Peher" an all girls band, The Folk Pop beauty "Che", "Strota" famous for their Vedic Rock and Indie Music, contemporary artists "AWD" , the maestro "Krishna Marathe" and a lot more.



If you wish to take a break from music, you do not have to leave the Flea, just look around you lovely ladies, the shops are going to surely make you empty your wallets. From handmade household decor to accessories and fashion footwear to trendy clothes, I am sure you will need to carry a lot of bags home. 


       
That's not it. There are some workshops that are going to be held at the market. For all your creative buffs, this is for you. Tickle your creative senses and let your creativity flow at Pune's very first Flea. 



The fun and eccentricity does not end here, the after-party sponsor, "Blue Frog" allows you to enter for free on 17th Jan with just a stamp that you need to collect at the "Down Town Flea".

I can't wait to witness this amazing event happening at one of the most youth-filled vibrant city of Pune. 

Block your calendars and cancel every appointment to untangle yourself from your monotonous life at "The Down Town Flea". 

Follow them at The Downtown Flea



Post a Comment