I was never very interested in cooking. But, post my wedding,(with no option in hand) I began to cook. Being a working woman, I try to figure out recipes that save a hell lot of time without compromising on the taste. On the other hand every recipe of mine will have a south Indian touch to it owing to my roots. Today I would like to present to you a very easy Chicken Biryani recipe which my husband and I made a couple of days ago and tasted lovely. Wait a second we did not invent it !! I got it from my Mom and since it tasted amazing and didnt take a lot of time, I though of sharing it with my readers.
So, put on your Chef's cap and apron !!
1 Dagad phool
1 bay leaf
Chilli powder - 3 tsp
Dhaniya Powder - 4 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Ghee - 1 tablespoon
Onions - 3
Tomatoes - 2
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
green chillies - 5
pudina leaves (mint) - handful
Coriander leaves - handful
Half Kilo Chicken
1. Soak the basmati rice in water for half an hour.
2. Marinate the chicken with curd, chilli powder, Dhaniya Powder and Turmeric powder (The more the curd the better)
3. Pour ghee in a cooker vessel and put all the spices in it. (Ghee wouldn't let the stuff in the vessel turn black)
4. Once they start bursting grind the ginger garlic paste and green chillies together and keep it aside.
5. Add this ground paste to the oil with spices
6. Add sliced onions to this and saute it well till the onions turn brown.
7. Add sliced tomatoes to the above and saute it well (Perform the job of sauteing well)
8. Add the marinated chicken into the cooker and let it mix well with everything.
9. Grind the pudina and coriander together and add it to the cooker
9. After sometime add the rice. Pour the amount of water required and let it stay for ten minutes after the first whistle.
Try out this recipe and let me know how it worked. It's a fast biryani recipe that will linger in your mouth for long .