Friday, October 17, 2014

Inspiring quotes from "The Alchemist"

Reading "The Alchemist" was on my cards for quite sometime. However, I had been postponing it till I found it in the cupboard in my Mom's house. I had heard a lot of positive reviews about the book. This was not the first work of "Paulo Coelho" that I was about to read. I was introduced to Paulo Coelho with the book titled, "Veronica Decides to die". I had loved the book would be an understatement. After that I had tried reading, "The eleven minutes" and "The Zahir", but I landed up putting down the book after reading a few chapters. That does not mean the book was bad. It's just that I couldn't relate to these books.
 
This is not the case with "The Alchemist". This book can relate to anyone, young or old. Age is never a question when it comes to doing what you really want and making your dreams come true.
I was initially thinking of writing a book reveiw but then I dropped the plan thinking that, no book review can make you decide if you want to read the book or not. The Alchemist in itself is enough to convince you to read it.
Instead of a review, I decided to share some quotes from the book that I had noted down while reading it. Here they are:
  • "The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being"
  •  
  • "The boy was beginning to understand that intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where the histories of all people are connected, and we are able to know everything, because it's all written there."
  •  
  • "People need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want."
  •  
  • "I learned that these things are all so simple that they could be written on the surface of an emerald"
  •  
  • "It's not what enters men's mouths that's evil," said the alchemist. "It's what comes out of their mouths that is."
  •  
  • "When you possess great treasures within you, and try to tell others of them,
  • seldom are you believed."
  • "It said that the darkest hour of the night came just before the dawn"
  • "Why don't people's hearts tell them to continue to follow their dreams?" the boy asked the alchemist.
  • "Because that's what makes a heart suffer most, and hearts don't like to suffer."
  •  
  • "Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure"
  •  
  • "Your eyes show the strength of your soul"
  •  
  • "There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure"
  •  
  • "Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time."
  •  

Post a Comment